Friday, May 3, 2013

My new discovery: Project Life

 I know that my little guy is already a month old, but I have still not found "the" baby book. (I know, "how could I have waited so longIt is not that I have not looked. I have searched everywhere looking for the perfect baby book for my new little man.  Since I am such a perfectionist I kept waiting for the ideal book and have just been placing his keepsakes, paperwork, and notes into a box. While searching Pinterset I found Ali Edward's Baby Book, which can be viewed here. I just fell in love with Ali's book because she was able to place all of her little girl's keepsakes into one book, including her first onesie, hat, and hospital wrist band. Ali used a new type of scrapbooking called Project Life. I have noticed this new trend in scrapbooking all over Pinterset. So, of course I had to research and find out everything I could about this new simplified approach to scrapbooking. Project Life allows you to let go of the guilt of keeping track of each picture, memeory, and page completion. It is a easier approach to scrapbooking that was created to simplify the process in order to allow you more time to enjoy life. It requires no glue, no scissors, no tools, and can be completed in half the time of traditional scrapbooking. You can always add your own twist on each layout and incorporate some traditional scrapbooking elements, but they are not required. Basically, the pages are designed like a photo album with pre-arranged photo pockets for you to place pictures, journaling cards, and other bits of life. 

I finally decided that this was the perfect baby book for Liam and I ordered everything from Amazon. I was so excited today when I had an Amazon box on the front porch! 

Here is what I ordered:

Project Life Starter Kit

Project Life Core Kit- Baby Edition for Him

Project Life Pack of Photo Pocket Pages and Month Dividers -Baby Edition for Him

Project Life Photo Album Binder- Seafoam Edition

Now I can't wait to get started on Liam's baby book. (I need to get going before I forget things)
Hopefully I will have future posts of my progress. : ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment