Tuesday, January 22, 2013

100th Day of School

Today was our 100th Day of school! This is a big deal in the Kindergarten World! We did all kinds of 100th day activities. I actually think that I counted to 100 like one hundred times today. LOL



I found an idea for this adorable 100th Day of school banner for my classroom door on Pinterest. I just knew that my students would love walking through the streamers to celebrate our 100th Day. The kids actually called it their carwash! They are so imaginative!


Using our 100 Counting Mats, we counted to 100 using yummy finger foods, including sunflower seeds, pretzel rods, pumpkin seeds, raisins, dried cherries, Cheese-its, Cherroies, Chex cereal, popcorn, and Goldfish. The students counted out ten pieces of ten different foods. We then counted to one hundred, counting by ones and tens. 


The students found objects around the classroom that we could practice counting to 100. 

No comments:

Post a Comment